I ran across Ted Dziuba’s post Advice to Old Men from a Young Man. I though I’d return the favor:
- Unless you are dating Scarlett Johansson, we don’t care about your girlfriend.
- Stay out of the left lane unless your car is faster than mine, and you are actually going faster. See #3, its likely I make way more money than you so I probably have a better/nicer/faster car; unless I spent that money on a big boat.
- Yes, things will always get more expensive – we make lots more money than you so it really doesn’t matter.
- Can do on the war stories – glad you like them.
- That’s good advice
- We don’t own you anything either – especially a job.
- Respect your elders – if it wasn’t for us, you wouldn’t be working on whatever you are are working on. You’d be working on what we already did.
- The right way to respond to advice form a more experienced man is.
* Thanks dude
* Thanks man
* Cool, thanks
* Pretty much any phrase containing the word ‘thanks’
- No problem. Vegas is a short flight away. First round is on me.
- That kind of victory can be really, really expensive. Beware the ruby lipped tonsil sucker; they are fun – for a while. Then they turn into soul leaching psychopaths. That’s advice by the way…